Thursday, March 19, 2009

Busy Busy Time

I am gearing up for our Self Advocacy Conference on Saturday, April 4th. This is a very busy time for me -- getting everything ready and this year I am missing my assistant. And there are so many events in Boston to commemorate some of the great work we've all been doing -- feel like I should just get a commuter pass.

I love what I do. I love feeling like what I do is important in the lives of others. But I am tired and into my pre-conference crankies.

Folks in my office know to stay away from me this time of year. That's a good thing.

And the death of Natasha Richardson really threw me last night. It was an oh, so not subtle reminder of the fragility of life and a reminder to take time to value and appreciate all we have. Especially the ones we love. Just wish I had the time.

Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. This is such an historic time in Massachusetts with the state schools closing and the Department of Mental Retardation finally changing their name.

    You do great work and are a part of an amazing time. I can cope with the crankies - as long as they don't hang around too long.

    Life is fragile which is why it is important to tell those we love how we feel.

    You are loved.

    ReplyDelete