Saturday, January 10, 2009

lack of discipline

OK, so I have no discipline. I had great intentions of writing something, even if it's a one liner, everyday. You can see how well that has worked out. Lack of discipline, if I were going to list my faults, would be right up there at the top of the list. My intentions are good, I'm all gung-ho, and then something distracts me, my recliner calls to me, the dogs do something cute and force me to sit for hours contemplating their new trick, the weather needs to be watched, the mountain across the street might be moving, anything and everything can distract me. Is it lack of discipline or is it my inability to focus (that's cool, maybe I have a.d.d. --that gives me a medical excuse) or is it laziness? Need some help here. Any ideas out there?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe a different way of looking at this would be better for you - rather than a lack of discipline, a need to better organize your time. If I don't keep myself organized around my tasks for the day, it is much easier for me to forget about it. Maybe figure out a plan - like before I eat dinner, or when I first wake up in the morning, etc. You get my drift. You may also want to consider that it wasn't realistic to expect that you would write every day - maybe you are more a "when the mood hits me" kinda gal.

    ReplyDelete