Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!

This is the year of hope -- we have a new President -- an African American. I absolutely never thought I would see that happen in my lifetime. America has finally gotten something right. We haven't done that much lately. Eight years of the Bush/Cheney dictatorship, with it's assault on human rights, civil liberties, and everything this country was built on are finally over. Oh, the economy is in the toilet. We are involved in two wars. The middle east is breaking loose again. But somehow there is hope. And that's what America is supposed to have. Hope. We can do better than we have. We can be a better people than we have been. We can, once again, hold our heads up ad say yes, we're American. And have something to be proud of. I'm sure the problems will continue for a while, but we will get through them. I have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment