Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Reconnect Day

Facebook is a truly wonderful thing. I started out finding one cousin, which led to finding two second cousins, which then led to finding a third cousin, and some of them are now connecting. Causes me to reflect on how we lost track of each other. I think we're typical of a lot of families -- when the parents die, the next generation just doesn't get together as much. Our generation gets together with our kids, and our spouse's family, and so on and so on. And today we have all been busy commenting on old old family photos posted by someone too young to have known half of the people. Our family (my dad's side) were a wild bunch. They put the "fun" in dysfunctional. And I miss them so much. And the reconnection has been bittersweet -- finding out how many of our generation have gone. It has been an amazing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment